Start Date and Duration
Location and Format
Winter course dates: Online synchronous sessions: Jan 16 - Mar 27, 2021.
Online sessions meet five Saturdays. 2-5 p.m. Jan 16; 9 a.m.-noon, Jan 30, Feb. 27, Mar 13 and 27, 2021.
Price includes 9.9 CEUs upon successful completion of both courses.
Learn how to start or operate your own business, join an early-stage startup, invest in or advise a new company, pitch a new venture or become a leader at your current workplace.
- Build and pitch your business plan
- Learn how to refine your vision to design a business model and implement a winning business strategy
- Study methods for defining customer segments, needs and pain points
- Develop strategies for optimizing sales and marketing channels
- Gain essential skills for budgeting, financial modeling, forecasting and risk assessment and mitigation
- Establish strategies for pitching a proposal to investors, partners and management
- Expand insights on your leadership style and tips for overcoming common barriers facing women in the workplace
Meet Your Instructor
Christy M. Johnson, Founder and CEO, Artemis Corporation
Christy Johnson brings a wealth of experience as a leader and strategist to the classroom. She has been recognized as an entrepreneur and educator focused on creativity, strategy and the value of human capital. She has seven years of experience working with C-level executives, including almost four years at McKinsey & Company. In addition, she has been involved with three startups — one closed, one was acquired and the third is still in business. She has a demonstrated track record of delivering near- and long-term executable strategies across a broad range of industries, with specialization in venture capital, technology, media and health care companies. Before this, Johnson was an award-winning high school teacher in economics and mathematics. In 2005, Junior Achievement recognized her as its national teacher of the year. Johnson holds an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business and a master’s in education from the Stanford School of Education.