Enrich Your Class Schedule with Special Courses
Western offers special courses for students that are looking for additional options during the academic year. Courses and programs are offered for credit in a variety of topics ranging from one-credit PE activity offerings (Yoga, Self-Defense, Sailing, etc.), a MGMT Career Preparation course, SMNR - Designing a Life You Love, ART courses for non-majors and more… Courses are available in the classroom and online.
Explore specific subject areas in ClassFinder for special course offerings. These courses are self-sustaining courses, so additional per credit tuition fees are charged, and this is not included in the 10-18 credit tuition costs.
Fall 2020 through Spring 2021 Undergraduate: $272 per credit, plus associated course fees, if applicable (see ClassFinder for additional information).
- Tuition due first day of classes
- Legislative Action Fee: $1 per quarter
How to Register
Check course availability on ClassFinder
Note: Courses will be displayed with all other WWU courses, use course numbers to assist in searching for specific offerings.
Current Western Students
- Register through Web4U.
- Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Electives are offered through Outreach and Continuing Education as a fee-based course.
General Community Members and Non-Western Student
- Download and print out a printable registration form, or request a registration form from the Registrar’s Office. Fill out the required information section completely.
- The Registrar's Office will send out registration information and directions.
Deadlines for registration, add/drop/withdrawal, grade mode changes, late fees, refunds, tuition payment, and other registration-related deadlines can be found on the Registrar’s Office, Calendars, Important Dates and Deadlines page.
Please note: This course does not qualify for employee and/or over 60 tuition fee waivers.