5 Things to Consider Before Planning Your Schedule
- Familiarize yourself with the registration information. Academic advising is highly recommended; contact your major department or the Academic Advising Center for assistance, (360) 650-3850.
Receive advising for planning your class schedule by
a) Making an appointment with your department or the Academic Advising Center
b) Contacting the department offering the class
- Draft your plan of study before registering. Check your plan for time conflicts as this feature of electronic registration is not available summer quarter. You will need to use the 5-digit Course Reference Number (CRN) listed on your class schedule to register. CRNs are unique every quarter.
- Determine if your course has a department override restriction. If so, you must obtain the instructor/department’s permission (override) before you register for the class. Online registration for classes requiring a capacity override must be done through Add/Drop classes.
- If you are doing a directed independent study (IS), contact your IS advisor to establish the terms of the IS, complete the green Directed Independent Study card, and submit the card to the Registrar’s Office, Old Main 230. The Registrar’s Office will create a course number for the IS and complete the registration. Fairhaven students should contact the Fairhaven department; graduate students complete the E-sign IS form.
- If the course requires an override before you can register, contact the professor or the academic department. If approved, the override will be entered into the system and you will then be able to register. The Registrar’s Office cannot enter overrides.