Methods of Making Payments
For more information on payment options, visit the Student Business Office webpage.
- eCheck – Available 24/7. No fee/Safe/Instant
- credit card – MC/American Express/Discover with a 2.75% Convenience Fee
Allow 7-10 days for delivery and processing
- Make check payable to Western Washington University in US dollars.
- Please write your WWU Student ID number on your check.
Western Washington University
Student Business Office
516 High Street MS 9004
Bellingham, WA 98225
In Person – Bellingham Only
Submit payment to the Student Business Office, Old Main 110, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. The Student Business Office accepts the following forms of payment:
- Check – payable to WWU in US dollars - Include your WWU student number on your check
- Debit Card – Visa/MC
The Seattle office does not accept payments. All payments must be made online or mailed to the address noted above.
- Write your student number on the check and make it payable to WWU.
- There is a $25 charge for the first returned check; a $50 charge for each additional NSF check.
Late Payment Penalties
Late payment may result in one or more of the following actions:
- Late fee and interest charges added to your account
- A hold placed on your account that affects registration, graduation, transcripts, and other University services
How to Avoid Late Fees
Following registration, check your WWU Online Student Account via Web4U
- Register by midnight, July 1, 2019.
- For most short courses 3-5 weeks in length, register by the second class meeting.
- Pay on time and pay immediately if you add a course late.
- Pay by eCheck or credit card via Web4U for immediate application to your student account.
- Allow 7-10 days for mail to reach WWU. Payments are credited when received, not when mailed.
Failure to Pay Tuition
Tuition and fees are due Tuesday, June 25.
If you fail to pay the full amount of tuition and fees by July 15 at 4:00 pm, you may be charged a late payment fee. Since the payment due date falls after the 100% refund period, you will still owe tuition and fees, even if you have decided not to be enrolled for the quarter.
If you decide not to attend Western after you register for classes, it is important that you formally withdraw from the University on Web4U or at the Registrar’s Office, Old Main 230, as soon as possible to avoid incurring charges. (See Late Payment Fee for additional information.)