The Math Placement Assessment package costs $45 with $35 charged to the student account and $10 paid directly to the online proctor service - using a debit or credit card - when the student is ready to take the second official/proctored assessment online:
The $35 charge will be added to the WWU Student Account automatically when a student completes the practice assessment, and is considered non-refundable. If the balance remains unpaid for more than 30 days your account will be assessed an in-house collection fee of 40% or up to $41, and interest of 1% per month. To make your payment visit https://wwu.edu/sbo/pay
- Once a student is prepared to take to official/proctored assessment (MPA#2) then they will also pay a $10 proctor fee* directly – using a debit or credit card - to the online proctor service HonorLock. Students may opt to schedule time to take the official/proctored MPA at Western’s Testing Center in Bellingham and save $10 – see note below).
The $45 total cost covers the following:
- ALEKS Quick Interactive Tutorial
- ALEKS MPA#1 - PRACTICE 60-90 minutes – online and un-proctored
- Prep & Learning Module - optional but strongly encouraged; must be started within 6 months of MPA#1
- ALEKS MPA#2* - PROCTORED/OFFICIAL 60-90 minutes – Proctored scores are valid for math placement/registration!
- Prep & Learning Module - 3 Additional hours required prior to reassessment in MPA#3
- ALEKS MPA#3 – Optional assessment, but must be proctored (additional $10 proctor cost).
- Prep & Learning Module - 3 Additional hours required prior to reassessment in MPA#4
- ALEKS MPA#4 – Optional assessment, but must be proctored (additional $10 proctor cost)
* Note: Students unable to take the official/proctored MPA#2 from home have the option to take MPA#2 on-campus at Western’s Testing Center - thus saving the $10 proctor fee. Students must have taken MPA#1 before they can take the official/proctored MPA#2 at the Testing Center. Please contact the Testing Center to schedule an appointment time to take the test at least one week in advance – phone (360) 650-3080.
Western’s Testing Center is located off-campus in Bellingham at 333 32nd Street – AC120, and is accessible by bus. Directions via bus/car and parking details: https://ee.wwu.edu/testing-center/parking-and-directions