Prior to test start, you will need the following:
- Government issued photo ID (or Student ID).
- Working webcam and microphone.
- Credit or debit card for payment of the proctoring fee. All major credit/debit cards are accepted.
- Stable internet connection.
- Google Chrome browser
During the test:
The online testing environment should mimic a proctored testing center with the following guidelines:
- Sit at a cleaned off desk or table, clear of other materials (not a bed or couch).
- Lighting needs to be bright enough to “daylight” quality. Overhead lighting is preferred and source of light should not be behind the student.
- When prompted to do a room scan, include your full work area and make sure to complete a 360-degree rotation, then show your workspace. Please show each piece of blank scratch paper, front and back. Partial scans and/or failure to show your work space may be flagged during the proctoring review.
- Make sure your laptop is fully charged and keep the charger within arm’s reach, if needed.
- Close all other programs and/or windows on the testing computer prior to logging into Honorlock.
All of the following are prohibited; these may result in an academic violation and invalidation of your test score:
- Dual monitors.
- Websites other than ALEKS and Honorlock.
- Notes or writing visible on desk or on walls; NO notes from your previous tests.
- Notebook (may only use loose blank paper for scratch paper)
- Music/televisions playing in the background.
- Other persons in the room during testing.
- Communication or receiving assistance from others. Exception: contacting Honorlock support.
- Leaving the room or being out of view of the camera during the testing period.
- Headphones or smart watches.
- Use of a phone, calculator, or other electronic devices.