Test Prep Services
Prepare for your Graduate School Entrance Exam
Thinking of pursuing a graduate degree? Western’s Testing Center offers online courses with nationally-recognized curriculum to help you prepare for your graduate school entrance exam.
Why choose an online test-prep course?
- Anytime/Anywhere: learn when it is most convenient for you with unlimited access for 5 months
- No schedule, no grades: each course is non-credit and self-paced
- Open to the public: take the course without admission to Western
- Personalized Assessment: included in each course to identify your strengths and weaknesses and determine necessary study areas
- Receive Scholarships: higher scores mean more graduate school selections and scholarships
- Official Test Materials: each test-prep course includes test-taking strategies, review, sample questions, and access to retired tests from the official test makers
Terms of Enrollment and Additional Course Details
Western has partnered with Cambridge Educational Services*, nationally recognized in the field of test preparation for over 24 years, to assist you in preparing for your entrance exam.
The emphasis on every course is the Cambridge Six-Step Approach™ to test taking:
- Step 1 – Diagnostic Testing and Assessment Service
- Step 2 – Basic Skill Review
- Step 3 – Problem-Solving, Concepts and Strategies
- Step 4 – Practice Test Reinforcement
- Step 5 – Final Exam, Assessment Report and Review
- Step 6 – Personal Study Plan
Terms of Enrollment
Enrollment will be ongoing and a five-month completion cycle is available for each course.
Once Registration forms are received and paid, your contact information will be forwarded to Cambridge University. You will receive the test prep materials within three weeks.
Participants must have internet access and an email address to partake in their chosen test prep course.
Refunds must be requested in writing or email within 30 days of purchase. All materials must be unopened.
The online courses are easy to navigate and do not require downloading or installing of any course materials. Participants must have internet access and an email address. Although there isn’t an interactive instructor, assistance is accessible 24 hours a day via an 800 phone number and email contact.
Computer Adaptive CD-ROM
The Cambridge Computer-Adaptive CD-ROM helps students increase their test scores through added practice. The CD-ROM familiarizes students with the timed test format, often preventing crucial mistakes and saving vital time when actually taking the test. The CD-ROM features a tutorial section that includes all pertinent test information. It contains timed computer adaptive practice tests, untimed practice tests and non-adaptive practice with printable score reports to review individual items. The CD-ROM has full explanations for all of its practice tests and strategies for solving the problems more quickly. CD-ROM is compatible with Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, and 7.
*Cambridge Educational Services
Founded in 1990, the Cambridge Educational Services goal was to help students achieve test scores that reflected their true potential and ability. More than a decade later, Cambridge has established itself as a world leader in test preparation.
Cambridge’s proven Six-Step ApproachTM has helped more than a million students around the world to reach and retain their potential by achieving high test scores. The combination of Cambridge materials, the Six-Step ApproachTM and qualified TestPrepTM instructors provide the highest-quality of instruction.
Cost & Registration
The cost is $265 per course, which includes five months of web access and the course materials.
- Follow this link.
- Choose Online Registration.
- Fill out required information section completely.