- Open to Everyone
- Current and Future university students
- Professionals looking for a career boost
- Educators planning for that important step-up
- Lifelong learners seeking a challenge and enrichment
- Format alleviates schedule difficulties for students
- Flexible study option eases hardship of job and family obligations
- Credits apply to a WWU degree and transfer to most colleges and universities
Term-Based online course deadlines match WWU’s quarterly start/end dates. Register by the 5th day of the quarter.
Students may register at any time for Self-Paced Independent Learning and contract study courses.
Yes, course syllabi and materials are posted online in Canvas for both Term-Based and Self-Paced courses.
While attendance at a lecture is not required, faculty may substitute asynchronous or synchronous activities and assignments for lecture.
Although this will vary from course to course, online courses follow the same general rule for face-to-face courses, for each credit hour students should expect to spend around three hours engaged in the course, working on readings, communicating with instructor or peers, research, etc. (ACC Handbook, Section 1.2).
Term-Based Online courses follow the schedule of the academic quarter and are completed at the pace designated by the instructor.
Self-Paced Independent Learning courses are Self-Paced within the following guidelines - minimum time allowed to complete a course is 7 weeks, with the exception of classes with lessons under 6. The maximum time to complete a course is 6 months.
The acceptance of transfer credits is always at the discretion of the receiving institution. Prior to enrolling, students should verify with the school to which he/she wishes to transfer credits.