Information for Participants
What you need to know when considering Western’s Youth Programs.
About Our Programs
- Fall 2020: Following current Western and Washington State public health guidelines, all youth program offerings will be online until further notice.
- Western has offered youth programs since 1983.
- From recreational to residential academic programs, we offer something for every student interest.
- We keep the student-to-staff ratio as low as possible for the highest quality programming. Typical programs run 10-12 students to one staff member.
- Program staff are trained to work with K-12 students on and off Western’s campus.
- Our programs take advantage of the unique resources (staff, faculty, students, labs, classrooms and more)
- Western and our local community partners have to offer.
- We update our program offerings based on participant feedback.
Registering for Programs
- Registration closes 1-3 weeks prior to the start of programs.
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Financial assistance may be available. Financial Assistance Applications should be submitted and your award instructions received prior to registering for programs for aid to be applied during checkout.
- You will receive a confirmation email from us after you successfully register.
After You Register
You will receive a program-specific email prior to your program with details about course access and preparation. Contact us if you have registered for a program and have not received an email by the day before your program is scheduled to start.
Learn more about campus before you arrive.
Full refunds with no processing fee will be given for any program cancelled by Western.
Full program specific cancellation and refund policies, fees and timelines are provided on each program site and listed in registration confirmation materials.