Academy for Lifelong Learning
Welcome to ALL
Enroll in academic and cultural programming.
Explore local and regional sites.
Enjoy new connections.
“ALL has done a great job of gearing up for online classes in a stressful time. From those of us who don't get out much anymore, thank you for keeping us connected to new ideas.”
“ALL helps me keep my mind active.”
“I want to thank everyone at ALL for their excellent job with the quick switch to online classes. You've helped brighten this dark time.”
The Academy for Lifelong Learning (ALL) is a volunteer-led community providing a variety of educational and cultural programs in a pressure-free environment and offers short, college-level courses and other educational events - without homework, tests or credit. We fill a critical need in our community by providing valuable opportunities for learners to explore important local and regional sites, enroll in academic and cultural programming, and create new connections with like-minded individuals.
Please consider supporting our work and contribute to our Endowment. For further information, contact Michou Yenokida at email@example.com.
Click on "Give Today" above to donate with your credit card or send a check to:
516 High Street, MS 9034
Bellingham WA 98225
Memo: Academy for Lifelong Learning
Enjoy Member Benefits
- 20% discount on fees for courses and excursions with member discount code (membership must be purchased first).
- Participation in complimentary, self-directed Interest Groups such as our Contemporary Readings Discussion Group, our History Discussion Group, and our World Affairs Discussion Group.
- Borrowing privileges at Western's library
- Discounted student rates at University events, including some performing arts performances. (Free tickets not available.)
- Invitations to special membership and social events
- Student privileges at Lakewood Boathouse (on Lake Whatcom) and Viking Union Outdoor Center
- Use of the Wade King Recreation Center at Alumni & Affiliates rates. Included in this benefit is use of the pool from Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 10:00am and Saturday – Sunday full access all day beginning July 1, 2022.
- 10% discount at Village Books
- In addition, you will be helping to support ALL as we continue to offer exceptional learning experiences during this difficult time.
- Full Year (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023) - $49
How to Purchase a Membership
- Pay online, using a credit card (Visa, M/C, AMEX, Discover). You will need to create an account in our new registration system first. Questions about the membership purchase process? Please contact our office at (360) 650-4970 if you are unable to purchase a membership online and we will assist you manually.
Other ways to join and support ALL
ALL Interest Groups
- Contemporary Readings Discussion Group - First Monday of each month, 10 a.m. to noon
- History Discussion Group - First Monday of each month, 1 to 3 p.m.
- World Affairs Discussion Group - First Tuesday of each month, 10 a.m. to noon
Our Interest Groups are available via Zoom at no charge and no registration is required. If you want to participate and are not currently on our email lists, please contact Michou at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since its beginning in 1997, the Academy for Lifelong Learning has been led by dedicated volunteers. ALL volunteers plan, schedule and coordinate classes, excursions and other events. They also assist with membership, program evaluation and scheduling.
For specific contact information, please see below:
Board of Directors