Academy for Lifelong Learning
Welcome to ALL
Enroll in academic and cultural programming.
Explore local and regional sites.
Enjoy new connections.
“ALL has done a great job of gearing up for online classes in a stressful time. From those of us who don't get out much anymore, thank you for keeping us connected to new ideas.”
“ALL helps me keep my mind active.”
“I want to thank everyone at ALL for their excellent job with the quick switch to online classes. You've helped brighten this dark time.”
Enjoy Member Benefits
Due to complications with COVID-19, some of the WWU member benefits may not be available.
- 20% discount on fees for courses and excursions with member discount code (membership must be purchased first).
- Borrowing privileges at WWU's library
- Student rates at University events, including performing arts performances
- Invitations to special membership and social events
- Student privileges at Lakewood Boathouse (on Lake Whatcom) and Viking Union Outdoor Center
- Use of the Wade King Recreation Center at Alumni & Affiliates rates
- 10% discount at Village Books:
- Buy 20 books and receive a discount equal to the average cost
- On your birthday receive a 25% discount on the purchase of 1 book
- As a birthday gift receive a free drip coffee, tea or fountain drink from the Colophon Café or a free drip coffee or lemonade from the Book Fair.
- In addition, you will be helping to support ALL as we continue to offer exceptional learning experiences during this difficult time.
Effective July 1, 2019, Academy for Lifelong Learning has decided to eliminate half year memberships. Please find the annual membership option below for the upcoming academic year:
- Full Year (August 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021) - $49
How to Purchase a Membership
- Online, using a credit card (Visa, M/C, AMEX, Discover). You will need to create an account in our new registration system first. Questions about the membership purchase process? Please contact our office at (360) 650-4970 if you are unable to purchase a membership online and we will assist you manually.
Other ways to join and support ALL
ALL Interest Groups
- Contemporary Readings Discussion Group - First Monday of each month, 10 a.m. to noon
- History Discussion Group - First Monday of each month, 1 to 3 p.m.
- World Affairs Discussion Group - First Tuesday of each month, 10 a.m. to noon
Our Interest Groups are available via Zoom at no charge and no registration is required. If you want to participate and are not currently on our email lists, please contact Michou at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since its beginning in 1997, the Academy for Lifelong Learning has been led by dedicated volunteers. ALL volunteers plan, schedule and coordinate classes, excursions and other events. They also assist with membership, program evaluation and scheduling.
For specific contact information, please see below:
Board of Directors